Berlin Teufelsberg

Another #wheredidingresstakeyoutoday adventure. This time my hunt for new portals and portal pictures took me to Berlin, the capital of Germany and the city where I grew up. And though I spent my youth there I have never visited the second highest mountain of the city , the Teufelsberg. This is the place where the US government built a big spying facility in the Cold War era. Since west Berlin was located within the GDR it was just in the middle of enemy territories. The wet dream of every intelligence service. Or Ingress agent.





Today it is out of service. It has become a „lost place“ for urbex lovers and for graffiti artists. And as such a place it emits so much XM that several portals are located there.

From the nearest train station it was a hike of about 45 minutes to reach the top. Since I wanted to capture the sunset at this place, I walked through complete darkness. I occasionally lit up the scenery with my flashlight but not too often since I didn’t wanted to lure the boars 🐗 in these woods to my position.

When I reached the top, I found the gate open. But I didn’t enter since this would be trespassing, before the official opening time at 11:00 . As a drone pilot with a +DJI #Mavic2Pro I had other options to capture this facility that would be a perfect set for any post-apocalyptic movie.

Would I have climbed the mountain without Ingress? Maybe. But it was definitely more fun when you could smash some of the other faction‘s portals and use it for some hard anchors of your own fields.

Never stop exploring! Even if it‘s your hometown.


Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Banner: Wasserburgen-Route

Portal Background: Flak Rondorf

Starburst Cologne 2018